I was recently introduced to a potential client who was looking for someone to guide their team through a workshop on sales management. Here’s my belief about sales management – while there are certain best practices and overarching themes, most of the real value comes from understanding and properly utilizing systems and process; business practices that are specific to each industry, company and product/service. Sales Leadership, however (and really leadership of any sort) is more ubiquitous. Leadership is about connecting the individual […]
Last week I wrote about how, as a leader, you will be having one on one conversations with your team members. It’s a choice as to whether you have those conversations as a regular part of your week, or in reaction to disgruntled employees who demand your time. Few would argue with the value of connecting proactively; extinguishing flames of discontent before they become a full, five alarm fire. Yet so few of us do them. I think the challenge is […]
Whether you like it or not, if you own a car, you’re going to have to take it to a garage. The question is whether you’ll take it in for regularly scheduled maintenance… or have it towed in after it breaks down on the highway on your way to a meeting. Leading people is a lot like that. If you manage people, those people need time with you and, one way or another, they’re going to get it. They’re going […]
Digitally cut the following out of the latest issue of Inc. (really cool tool, for the record): The stats were collected from HR departments and based on number of requests for the various incentives. A couple really interesting things here, as far as I’m concerned: Only 45% of men have “more money” as their primary motivator. Which represents about 25% of the work world. So for the other 75%, cash is nice but not necessarily your best way to retain […]
Thank you for subscribing to the Actionable Books Weekly Digest.
To complete your subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you, and we'll be sending you weekly goodies - direct to your inbox.
An error occurred while adding you to our digest: