How can you make your leadership echo? We are joined by Simon Sinek (Start With Why, Leaders Eat Last) and David Marquet (Turn the Ship Around!) to kick off our new arc on 21st century leadership. We touch upon:
- Empowerment programs (and the dangers that can come with them)
- How thinking is fundamentally different than doing
- Encouraging a leader to think beyond their tenure
- What is the Leader/Leader model?
- Why leadership is like parenting
- Why many modern leaders are codependent (and why this should be avoided)
- The problem with employees who want to be told what to do
- Why investments in people are long term investments
Clocking in at just over 50 minutes this is one of our longer episodes, but if you are in a leadership position, this is one episode you won’t want to miss!
“Great leadership is like exercise. It can’t be measured on a daily basis.” —Simon Sinek [Click to Tweet]
“We’re not ordering people to think, we’re creating environments where thinking occurs naturally.” —David Marquet [Click to Tweet]